Friday, July 16, 2010

Peach Passion

I see a palette of beautiful, vibrant colors as I walk down the produce aisle, but today the peaches catch my eye. As I pick up the soft, gorgeous fruit, I feel a summer breeze blow through my hair. Then suddenly I'm walking along the beach on a far away, tropical island. When darkness falls, I'm wearing this sultry peach dress from BCBG, ready to explore the island nightlife.

As long as we're imagining things, an extremely muscular handsome man walks around the corner, and asks to buy me a fuity, peach drink, and of course I say, "Yeah! Peach Martini please. It'll match my dress."

Back down here on earth, in the produce aisle, I choose a succulent peach to grace my lunch during a break from work. Speaking of work, Peach is such a great color because it's broad palette goes from bold and bright, to softer shades. Here's a great example: a peach v-neck, textured sweater I found at xoxo that can showcase your softer side during the day, but still display your passion for making a colorful summer statement.

Peach is also a great color for makeup from lips to eyes that can give you a summery shimmer. No matter your skin tone, there's plenty of shades of peach eye shadow you can choose from. Day to night, you can highlight your eyes with the many peachy shades. The tropical tones will bring out a burst of energy from behind your eyes, and warm your complexion. Take a look at the Sephora collection and decide a palette for your special eyes including tropical shades like Hawaiian Beach, Lucky Penny and Shimmering Sunset.

Since you, my dear fashionista, have now learned to wear what you eat, if you're wearing peach, then you're eating what else, but peaches? My passion overflows for peaches for many reasons. Nutritionistas like me consider them a super food because they're packed full of Vitamin A, which you learned in my Orange Crush post, is dynamite for your skin and eyes. So of course you want to keep your eyes healthy so that you can work them eye shadows all summer long! Peaches are filled with carotenoids which are pigments that actually turn into Vitamin A, that can help keep you from blindness as you get older. Not that you would ever let your age show, honey, oh, no.

Ok, that's it for now. Don't forget with Palette 2 Palate color is in all year 'round.



1 comment:

  1. Adriana,

    I love this post! I love the color peach and like you said, there are wonderful shades of this beautiful color that can be implemented in your wardrobe from head to toe! I also just think it looks great on tan skin tones; it really makes our beautiful shades of brown pop! Works wonders during the summer when our natural tans are glowing, and during the winter to make our radiant skin stand out. Thank you for also sharing with us the health benefits of peaches. I hadn't realized that peaches were as nutritious and healthy as you pointed out. Definitely about to buy some at the market today, and hopefully I'll bump into that extremely muscular and handsome man too ;)

    -la exploradora @lacosmopolatina

    ReplyDelete