Saturday, October 30, 2010

Autumn Harvest: Burnt Orange

Harvest season is here and it's inspiring.  During this season people fall in love and take walks  hand-in-hand  to catch a glimpse of the beautiful colors outside, like the burnt orange of leaves floating down from the trees. Of course autum leaves come in many other bold and beautiful hues like red, bright gold and brown , but  I'm celebrating the harvest wearing burnt orange in a very fashionable way with the Eileen Fisher Lightweight Hooded jacket  and this Façonnable Crewneck Merino Wool  sweater  above to help me stay warm.  I'm getting ready to go on a stroll, so I've just picked up this Echo Scarf shaped as a Soft Shine Inifinity Ring from Macy's to help me stay warm and cozy this breezy fall evening.
I've started down a gorgeous little trail just beyond my backyard, to meet my neighbor and friend and head out to visit a pumpkin patch.  A few leaves have fallen, so like a kid I jump on them!  I love to hear the crunching sound the bright colored leaves on the ground make when you walk on them.  It takes me back to my childhood, but these days as a  nutrition-savvy fashionista, I'm not wearing my ratty old tennis shoes.  No, this time around my footwear matches the fall leaves, burnt orange high heeled extended calf boots.  Always accessorizing when I'm not wearing  the color of the week as my top or bottoms, I've got a cute little Tano Convertible Crossbody Leather Hobo on my shoulder during my little stroll.  Can't play in the leaves too long, so let me check my my  matching watch to stay on-time.
Once we get to the pumpkin patch, we're looking for the perfect pumpkins, not just to carve into jack-o-lanterns for Halloween, but also to eat!  We won't be throwing away any parts of the pumpkin.  We'll use pieces of  it for some amazing recipes.  Pumpkins are super high in Vitamin A and carotenoids, known for keeping the immune system strong and healthy, and helping your vision.  Beta carotene in pumpkins is a powerful disease-fighting anti-oxidant. Pumpkins are also loaded with fiber.  During this holiday season, when we're tempted to eat unhealthy foods, putting who-knows-what into our bodies, it's very important to have a healthy digestive tract.   So don't be scared this Halloween and Harvest season.  The pieces you carve out of your pumpkins can make for delicious, healthy recipes.  Here's one:  Pumpkin and Squash soup. Yummy!  
That's it for now, don't forget, with Palette 2 Palate color is in all year 'round!

No comments:

Post a Comment